16 January 2016

Week 259 Theme

For our theme this week we have a technique for you to try. 
KISSING TECHNIQUE
(It's using stamps so don't get too excited!)

It may be new to some of you, so just in case here is a brief set of instructions.
  • Choose a solid stamp and a decorative one
  • Ink the solid stamp in a lightish colour and the decorative one in a deeper shade
  • Stamp the decorative one onto the solid one as in 'kissing'
  • Stamp the solid stamp onto the card!

Here's what we came up with and hope you feel inspired to play along

Inked up a SU solid stamp called Flower Accent with Memento Cantaloupe and overstamped with a Paper Artsy script stamp and Memento Ladybug.  Cut the flowers out and added to a circle embossed with a Cuttlebug script folder, edged with Cantaloupe.  I bought the sentiment a few years back at the NEC, brand says Different Colors.


For this I chose a solid heart stamp from Stampin' Up and a flourish stamp from Stamplorations.
 I inked the heart stamp with Memento Summer Sky and the flourish with Ranger,
 Blue Ribbon,Dye ink, then stamped the flourish onto the heart. 
This was then stamped onto card, cut out and twinkled with Glamour Dust.
The swirl is from Sizzix and the leaves from All Occasion dies.
I believe the sentiment is from Tattered Lace.


Sarah
It's bitterly cold and crisp where I am today and certainly looking more like
Christmas than a few weeks ago so that's my theme - no harm in being organised eh!
I've used the Jingle Bells set from Uniko for my bells and sentiments and 'kissed' 
those bells with a Clearly Besotted Building Block set to make Harlequin ones! 
The other stamps to accessorise are from Uniko: Balloon Bash
and to finish a gem and touch of glossy accents.


Anita

I stamped the solid images, the balloons from Whole Lotta Happy by Wplus9, with the lightest shades and then inked up a circles background stamp by Pink Cat Studio with the darker co-ordinating shades.  These were 'kissed' together, stamped, and then die cut with the co-ordinating balloon die.  I stamped the balloon strings, from Balloon Bash by Uniko, on a white cardstock panel and adhered the balloons flat to this.  I added the fun style sentiment and then popped the panel up on 3D foam.


We hope you love this 'kissing' technique, especially if you are new to it! 
... and we can't wait to see your designs throughout the week.
Please remember to keep to our Clean and Simple guidelines as shown
at the top right of the blog page plus the guidelines tab at the top.


***




6 comments:

  1. What a fun technique!! I love the inspiration and hope to be able to play this time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely technique. I had never done such a thing so it was a real challenge. But lovely. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Glad you clarify the term, dear ladies. My mind started rushing, wondering if there was something new out there for this old lady to learn, tee hee!!
    I've never tried this particular Kissing Technique but I will definitely give it a try, sounds like fun.
    Hugs to you all and have a great football weekend!
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and the I Think Your Great stamp set from Stampin Up was actually made with this technique in mind!! Pretty cool!! So sorry about my mistake last week....totally missed the flourish!! I would have been completely fine with yall removing it!! Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge and your inspiration cards are awesome ladies.
    Hugs, Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the fun challenge...I finally got a card finished, but I've had fun playing all week! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.