09 May 2015

Week 223 One Layer

How quickly our One Layer challenges seem to come around !
This time the focus is 
WATER

You may interpret this how you wish, 
but we do need to see some obvious connection to the title!

Here are our examples for this week, 
although there are more cards on the personal blogs of the DT. 
(They love comments too)


Here I used a stamp from the rubber Stamp Gallery.
This sea bird is actually on a stand but I chose to have him standing in the water.
He was simply stamped and masked before gently inking the sky and then
stamping and inking and painting the sea.
It's got a bit of everything... acrylic paint, heat embossing, stamping, daubing
...I just had fun and stopped when I thought it was enough!
The bird was gently shaded with Mirage pens.


Sarah


This is a sneaky 'early' introduction of the soon to be released
Nautical Treasures set by Uniko Studio.
I've teamed it with the Sun Ray stencil from My Favourite Things
distress inked in Spiced Marmalade & Scattered Straw. 
The 'ocean' is inked in Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans.


This fun Acid Drops and WhatNots image was a freebie from a magazine, 
lightly coloured with Copics.  The Memory Box stencil waves
 are Mowed Lawn and Broken China Distress Inks.




After trying to think of an idea using water colours I ended up going 
in a completely different direction and used this bathtime digi!  
I printed this image, 'Lola Rose Bubbly' by Pink Petticoat and 
coloured it with ProMarkers.  I then, of course, added some Wink of Stella
 to the bubbles (there's a close up piccie on my blog).  
And, as she's showing off her teeth in this image I went with this funny sentiment, 
from the 'Laugh Out Loud' set by Clearly Besotted, 
and it fitted perfectly under the bath!



We hope you enjoy this one!
We're looking forward to visiting you!
Don't forget everyone likes a comment so please try 
to share some encouragement amongst your fellow entrants


***



9 comments:

  1. Hi DT ladies, i sure enjoyed looking at your inspiration cards. I can't wait to start making my own.
    Unfortunatly i will have to wait until after the weekend. Too many things to do, too little time, sigh :-( LOL
    All of your cards are wonderful, thanks for another fun challenge.
    Enjoy the weekend, hugs
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific cards, ladies! I don't often get chance to play along but always start my Saturdays by dropping by to see your gorgeous creations, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neets!! Another Lola?! We love that sentiment - my husband is a dental technician = he makes teeth!! Sure hope I have the chance to play along this week!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge. I managed to make my card this morning and even already posted it. Nice weekend everyone. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards, love the first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Ladies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my i had so much fun making this card. Thx for this great challenge ladies.
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards from the DT-I really had to think about the theme this week as when i rummaged through my stamps i could find nothing water themed!!
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tricky one for me too. Great DT cards!

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.