12 January 2013

Week 102 - OLC Sports Or Exercise

What a bumper week we had for our Colour Challenge, thanks everyone for your fabulous submissions!

So it's everybody's favourite this week.... One Layer Cards... and we have chosen a fab theme for you....
Sports or Exercise

We would like to see sports or exercise themed cards.. this could be an image or even a sentiment or sporting quote... I hope our creations inspire you and we can't wait to see what you come up with...



For my first card this week I used a digi image from Mo Manning Image and a swimming quote I found on the internet and manipulated them in word to line them up.  Very simply by adding a text box I could move the text around until it was in the right place.... I then coloured in the image with my promarkers and lined the back of the inside of the card.  I have the perfect recipient for this card too....


For my second card, I stamped an LOTV image into the centre of the kraft card blank and then coloured with my flexmarkers so it had a tone on tone effect.  I then punched some holes into the front and threaded through twine from Ribbon Girl.  The sentiment is LOTV and the tag from MFT die-namics.

Chrissie


Those who know me of old, know the thing I have for cute chickens. I guess that post-Christmas, we feel the need to get in shape again. I love these Penny Black girls and this young lady is just part of a much larger stamp.
To ensure I got no trace of ink from the unused part of the stamp I taped the part I didn't need before inking and then peeled off the tape before stamping.                                                        
         

Here you can see the entire stamp and to the right the stamp after taping and inking.
I Googled  "exercise quotes" to find a suitable sentiment and really rather liked this one...'Of course I'm in shape... isn't round a shape?' There are some quite fun ones around! The font is KG True Colors
.

When I saw this image on Bugaboo Digi site, I laughed out loud. It really tickled me. I typed the sentiment myself in Problem Secretary font rather than use the one which came with the image, so that I could fit it around the latter, but the words are the same.
It's coloured with watercolour pencils and blended with a water brush. I think that this medium is better for one layer cards as there is no staining through the cardstock.
I have a few more examples on my personal blog and as ever would love you to visit there too!

It was fun making these...we hope you have some fun too!
For those people whose language is not English, we would be grateful for translations of your sentiments if possible... Google can't translate those!


16 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards ladies - the chikkin' one and sentiment tickled me no end! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. Love the brown tone card. Very stylish. Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your fun cards, Chrissie - especially the balls quote. Problem Secretary is one of my favourite fonts and I love chickens, too :-) On another note, I have a query:- maybe I'm being obtuse or pedantic, but I thought you couldn't add a tag to a one layer card? If it's acceptable, then the whole ball game changes... thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cath,
      If we follow the Guidelines for a OLC as written at the top of our blog it says "no additional layers and MINIMAL embellishments" so if a tag is counted as an embellishment... that's OK as long as it's discreet and doesn't detract from the main focus of the card, but merely enhances it!
      I hope that sheds a little light on things!
      Chrissie

      Delete
  5. Wow, sounds like a tough prompt, but you both rocked it with your cards! Since I promised myself I would participate more this year, I'll try to come up with something...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun challenge! I think your cards are just fabulous - but this is a tough one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant inspiration as always - off to look for sporty/exercise related images

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the golfing one. I have been lurking for a while and have not participated for several reasons, but I might just go and find my mojo and get some ink and stamps together and give this one a shot! Be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your soccer player! Kind of a newbie but what is LOTV? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOTV stands for the manufacturer Lilli of the Valley Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another great challenge ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tolle Challenge und Karten
    lg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had another go and this one IS one layer! I really do appreciate your lovely challenge even if I don't always read everything properly... thanks ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This fun challenge produced the cutest whimsiest cards! Thanks C&J!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, did linked another card, cause my first wasn't a one layer one... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.